Our 24/7 access is reserved for the UH Law Center students, faculty, and staff only. Each night when we close the library, everybody needs to exit. Then those who qualified for this privilege can enter again with their COUGARONE CARDS by following this route:
1. Take either the elevator or the stairs across the hallway from 4 BLB, going down. (You will need your CougarOne card to operate the elevator or to go through the basement entrance.)
2. Look for the door with a card reader across the hallway from the office of the Houston Journal of Health Law and Policy or a similar door near the Public Interest Law Organization (PILO). Swipe your CougarOne card to gain entrance.
3. Take the stairs up and you will be in the Library again.
To exit the library, please reverse the steps above. Remember that this access is limited to current members of the UHLC community only, so please do not allow anyone without a card to gain access by following you.
We are fully aware of the fact that you may be the only one inside of the library. In case of emergency, here are numbers you can call:
1. Law Library security desk: 713-743-5806
2. UH Police Department: 713-743-3333
3. UH Escort Service: 713-743-0600
In case you need one of our friendly security guards but they are on patrol duty, please call the UHPD so they can page the guard on duty for you right away. They also can escort you to your car.
Texas Bar Journal’s May must-reads
2 hours ago